As we have stepped into this powerful new year, some of us have taken the time to reassess our lives and find a forward momentum of what we hope to achieve this year. We can be led in many directions as women, so we need a clear plan of where we are going and a step by step way of getting there. If you need a place to start I am sharing seven steps for attaining your goals this year.
As I was listening to a webinar by success expert Brian Tracy, called “The Power of Discipline” and taking notes. I was very inspired by his guidance, and knew I had to share my notes with you.
According to Brian’s webinar, Self-discipline is key to personal greatness, it is the quality that opens all doors for you. You will rise above and receive every blessing. Self-discipline expresses itself as strength and courage. Follow Brian’s program listed below.
Some keys to consider:
- Do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.
- Have a strong brain success mechanism — Tell yourself “I CAN” with conviction.
- Decide upon a goal and change the direction of your life.
- Be clear where you want to end up.
- Increase your courage and confidence.
Here is the 7-step formula:
1. Decide exactly what you want.
2. Write it down.
3. Set a timeline for your goal.
- Be clear on a time period.
- Rate what you want to achieve.
- List major, sub, and interim steps. This helps the subconscious mind work faster. Be flexible.
- Make a list of everything you can do to achieve your goals. Start with small steps.
- Make a list of obstacles/difficulties you have to overcome. List internal and external ones.
- Make a list of additional knowledge and skills you require.
- Make a list of people whose cooperation and support you will require to achieve your goal.
- Make a list of everything you will have to do. Add to this lists new tasks and responsibilities.
- Make a new list to replace the old ones when the situation changes.
- Organize the list
- Make a list of the activities organized by sequence (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
- Make your list organized by priority (Most Important to Least Important).
- Take action on your plan immediately. Be action oriented.
- Do something everyday that moves you in the direction of your major goal for momentum, motivation and inspiration.Focus and concentrate all your mental abilities on this attainment. Never Give Up. This decision alone will change your life.
I have included a goal setting worksheet to help you visualize and organize your goals. Use a new worksheet for each of the goals you have set for yourself. Have fun with this 7-step process and let yourself be free to create your heart’s desires this year. Grab your worksheet by clicking HERE.