There is no one more special to you than your husband. Here are five gentle reminders to keep your relationship in tip-top shape.
1. Preventing Conflict. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Consider how your actions and words are affecting the other person. When making a bigger choice, consider using a role-reversal way of thinking. If I was my husband and he was doing this action to me or saying this to me, how would I feel about it? This consideration of my partner’s well-being can change my thoughts and actions and act preventatively to preserve happiness in the relationship.
2. Be attentive to your husband. When your husband is speaking to you, slow down and stop what you are doing and make eye contact with him. These actions let him know you are truly listening and reaffirms his net worth to you.
3. Respect Each Other. Be mindful of how you are treating your partner. Be wise to always speak kindly of him to others. Others will formulate an opinion of your husband based on what you say about him. Positive statements will help avoid future altercations and safe-guard the happiness in your relationship.
4. Schedule Time Together. Make time for each other without outside influences. Life is about celebrating each other and cultivating happy memories. Make each other a priority by doing the things that bring joy into your relationship. Try a variety of things, like candlelight dinners, star-gazing, concerts, bike rides, or camping. Plan ahead for special events when needed, so you can both clear your calendar.
5. Stay physically and emotionally connected. Husbands and Wives both need to be held and loved to keep hormones in a better balance. During lovemaking, a phenomenon called testosterone convergence takes place, and this actually helps men and women overcome their differences. Intimacy also builds trust in a relationship and adds value by being lovingly focused on each other.